Let’s Talk About Writing, Publishing, and Coaching
I was interviewed on the Lead Stories Podcast with Jo Saxton and Steph O’Brien. Listen in, if you’re interested! (It’s about 45 minutes.)
We talked about:
- What I look for in someone I might represent as an agent
- What coaching looks like and why it is worth it
- How I redirect people who aren’t ready for publishing yet
- Whether I think everyone has a book in them
- What I think the best social media platform is
- Current hot topics in Western culture
Some questions for writers to ask themselves:
1) Am I writing for myself or am I writing for a reader?
2) Can I identify who my reader is and why they would want to read this?
3) Have I worked hard to become a strong writer? (Am I getting feedback, improving my craft, reading books in my genre etc.?)
4) What are my personal forms of resistance when it comes to writing? (Write a list and watch out for them!)