8 Tips for Promoting Your Book Online
1. Begin well in advance of your book launch to build an email list of people who “opt in” to your newsletter or monthly email.
2. Avoid the “Buy my book!” tweet or Facebook post. ALWAYS offer value to your reader… Tweet a quote, a question, or something fun, along with a link to your book online.
3. Start talking about your book online long before the launch, but don’t just talk AT people. Get them engaged and invested in the process by sharing your writing and publishing process, by letting them help choose the cover, title, etc.
4. Use Pinterest to pin quotes from your book. You can piggyback off of this and hold a contest on Pinterest.
5. Get people involved in conversation related to the themes in your book. For example, if your book deals with the theme of forgiveness, solicit readers’ stories of a time in their life when forgiving was really hard.
6. Create Twitter hashtags around the themes in your book (not your book’s title) and get conversations going there.
7. Do giveaways! Use Goodreads, Facebook, and Pinterest to create contests and give away fun prizes (besides your book).
8. Create a launch team (could be a dozen people or a hundred people) who agree to be a part of promoting your book at the time of release. The more people who talk about you and your book, the better.
What ideas can you add to this list?