The New Site is Here
It’s been a lot of work but we’re finally putting the finishing touches on the new website. There are a few things that need smoothing out, and I’m still working on some of the pages, so please bear with me as we get this finished. Feel free to let me know if you see anything that should be fixed.
There are a number of reasons I’m excited about the site, the first being that I finally have my own domain name, rachellegardner.com. Easy to remember! And the other most exciting thing is that we will finally—FINALLY!—have threaded comments, meaning you’ll be able to respond directly to someone else’s comment, and they can respond directly to yours. I’ve wanted this for so long—I think it’s going to make the blog so much more fun!
I’m incorporating a few other changes that I hope will make the blog an even better place to visit.
- With the new tabs across the top, the site should be easy to navigate and find the information you need. There is also a search function, as well as the archives and category lists on the sidebar.
- I’ll be posting 6 to 7 days a week now, which will allow me to include some new features.
- You’ll see occasional announcements of my clients’ latest releases, a feature that has been missing from my blog for a while.
- One of these days I’m going to add vlogging (video blogging) as well. Not too often! But occasionally for a change of pace.
- We’ll still have high quality guest posts from authors and other industry professionals. I’ve lined up some knowledgeable folks to talk to us about fun stuff like online techy issues and book marketing and promotion.
- I’ve hired an elite member of the exclamation-point police to try and keep me in check. (Okay, kidding. But I should, right?)
- MOST OF ALL… this is going to be the same old blog. It just has a different look and is much more user-friendly. But if you’re reading this in a Reader or RSS feed, nothing will appear different, in which case, why did you read this post????
Thanks, everyone, for supporting the blog and for being such a terrific community of authors and publishing professionals. Hope we can all continue learning from each other and having fun for a long time to come.