We Could Use Your Help
Some of you might know that Rachel Held Evans, author of several bestselling books including Searching for Sunday and The Year of Biblical Womanhood, is critically ill and has been in the ICU for two weeks. She is in a medically-induced coma and the situation is dire.
It’s not my habit to write blog posts about individual clients, but this is an extraordinary situation. Rachel is a dear friend and I’ve been working with her since I received a query letter for her first book, back in 2008. I wanted to let you know what’s happening and ask that, if you feel led, there are a few ways you can help.
- Rachel’s friends Sarah Bessey, Jeff Chu and Jim Chaffee have organized a GoFundMe to help the family. If you’d like to donate to the fund, you can use this link. Every little bit is going to be needed and the family is deeply grateful.
- Now might be a good time to purchase one or more of Rachel’s books, especially if you’ve thought about it before but haven’t purchased yet. You can find all of her books on Amazon here.
- Your prayers are coveted and appreciated.
- If you’d like to join others on Twitter praying for Rachel and her family and medical providers, you can use #PrayForRHE and @RachelHeldEvans.
- You can follow the updates on Rachel’s health, updated regularly by her husband Dan, here on her blog.
- If you’d like to send a personal card or note to Rachel and her family, you can use this mailing address: The Evans Family, c/o Chaffee Management, 5020 Burke Trail, Nolensville, TN 37135 USA.
Rachel is young and has two young children (ages 1 and 3), making this all the more difficult. Her husband Dan is keeping everything together and is deeply grateful for the prayers and support being offered by the community. This is a difficult time but we are all standing on faith and keeping hope alive for Rachel’s full recovery. Your good thoughts and prayers are appreciated, and we are so grateful for any help you choose to give.
Definitely praying for Rachel. Thank you for sharing this update!
This is heartbreaking. Thank you for letting us know how we can pray for her and her family.
Prayers up for her & family.
Grateful for you.
I’m so sorry to hear this. I will lift be lifting her up. Thank you for letting us know.
I’ve been holding her in prayer since it has happened. Actually since her last tweet. This is the first consolation I’ve seen of ways to help. Thank you.
Praying for healing and peace and comfort for Rachel and her family.
Hey Rachel, praying that Jesus, the Shepherd of your soul, will walk with you through this valley and keep you safe from harm. May He enfold you with His love and heal every part of you that is broken. May He make every wrong thing right. I pray that the Holy Spirit will comfort your family and surround them with love. May He keep them strong and keep their eyes and minds in His unfailing love xx
It’s breaking my heart. Thanks for connecting. Praying. Giving. Buying books.
Thank you for this update. My heartfelt prayers go out for this precious family.
So sorry to read this. Sending strength and prayers.