We Could Use Your Help
Some of you might know that Rachel Held Evans, author of several bestselling books including Searching for Sunday and The Year of Biblical Womanhood, is critically ill and has been in the ICU for two weeks. She is in a medically-induced coma and the situation is dire.
It’s not my habit to write blog posts about individual clients, but this is an extraordinary situation. Rachel is a dear friend and I’ve been working with her since I received a query letter for her first book, back in 2008. I wanted to let you know what’s happening and ask that, if you feel led, there are a few ways you can help.
- Rachel’s friends Sarah Bessey, Jeff Chu and Jim Chaffee have organized a GoFundMe to help the family. If you’d like to donate to the fund, you can use this link. Every little bit is going to be needed and the family is deeply grateful.
- Now might be a good time to purchase one or more of Rachel’s books, especially if you’ve thought about it before but haven’t purchased yet. You can find all of her books on Amazon here.
- Your prayers are coveted and appreciated.
- If you’d like to join others on Twitter praying for Rachel and her family and medical providers, you can use #PrayForRHE and @RachelHeldEvans.
- You can follow the updates on Rachel’s health, updated regularly by her husband Dan, here on her blog.
- If you’d like to send a personal card or note to Rachel and her family, you can use this mailing address: The Evans Family, c/o Chaffee Management, 5020 Burke Trail, Nolensville, TN 37135 USA.
Rachel is young and has two young children (ages 1 and 3), making this all the more difficult. Her husband Dan is keeping everything together and is deeply grateful for the prayers and support being offered by the community. This is a difficult time but we are all standing on faith and keeping hope alive for Rachel’s full recovery. Your good thoughts and prayers are appreciated, and we are so grateful for any help you choose to give.