Win Agents and Influence Editors
Time is 8pm Eastern… cost is only $15.00 and you get approximately one million dollars worth of material. Okay, just kidding. But we think it’s at least a $100 value.
♦ The live webinar
♦ A recording of the webinar
♦ My upcoming e-book on preparing for writer’s conferences.
An amazing value! Click the link to sign up.
A few things we’ll cover…
- What turns agents on, what turns them off and what makes them run away in terror.
- How to avoid the classic mistakes that scream “amateur”.
- The 5 things successful authors do before the conference to double their chance for success.
- How to talk to an agent who’s already booked solid (without staking out the bathroom).
- Tips, timelines, and goals not offered anywhere else.
As a sneak preview of the kind of practical, nuts-and-bolts material we will include… here is a bonus checklist:
10 Things to Bring to a Writers’ Conference
1. Concise and fascinating answers to questions like, “So, what do you write?” and “Tell me about yourself.”
2. Organized thoughts about the book(s) you’re pitching, so you can easily give a 1 or 2 minute pitch when asked.
3. One-sheets for each book you’re pitching—plenty of copies in case agents or editors want to keep them.
4. Business cards.
5. A printout of the first chapter of your novel (or a book proposal for non-fiction). You just need a few of copies since you will show them in meetings but probably won’t leave them with agents or editors.
6. A camera if that floats your boat.
7. A tote bag or brief case (not too big) to carry around your stuff, or simply a folder to hold your papers and keep you organized.
8. A professional-looking, business-casual wardrobe with comfortable shoes. A nicer outfit for the banquet Saturday night.
9. Personal goals for the conference… and an open mind so that you don’t miss opportunities and connections that come your way unexpectedly.
10. A big smile, since it’s the best way to forge connections with others and keep yourself relaxed.
Are you planning to attend any writers’ conferences this year? Which ones… or why not?
10 Things to Bring to a Writer’s Conference. Click to Tweet.
I’m excited to get one million dollars worth of information for $15 at this webinar! Click to Tweet.
The definitive webinar on writers’ conferences, TONIGHT, by @RachelleGardner & @ThomasUmstattd. Click to Tweet.
Win Agents and Influence Editors at Writers Conferences… a webinar. Click to Tweet.
Click HERE to sign up for tonight’s webinar.